At High West Distillery & Saloon, we believe in being a good citizen in the community we live and we like to support non-profit organizations that make our community a better place to live. To date, High West has donated $190,000 to local organizations. If you have a donation request, here are some guidelines. We wish we could donate an unlimited amount to everyone who asks but we simply don’t have unlimited resources. We prioritize requests based on our guiding principals and the things in life that are important to us.
Here are the areas we believe in supporting:
- We believe in responsible alcohol consumption and its education.
- We really care about our children’s education and creating a better future.
- We care about the preservation of the American West, its culture, its beauty, its heritage, and its natural resources.
- We support performing arts organizations that promote American roots music, because that’s a surefire way we relax after a stressful day and remember our humanity.
Requests for alcohol sponsorships (i.e. free product):
- High West is not allowed by law in the state of Utah to give away alcohol. Please don’t ask!
- High West puts priority on supporting educational events that allow a High West ambassador to educate a group about the art and enjoyment of whiskey. We generally do not donate any product when the spirit is going to be mixed in a cocktail. We believe you learn about a product when you get to really taste it.
- We believe, if at all possible, there should be a minor fee for any event we sponsor because the tasters pay better attention, they learn more, and the fee filters out those that just want a free drink!
High West Distillery & Saloon does not support the following:
- In general, things not in Utah or at the very least the Western US.
- Organizations whom principal impact is outside the United States
- Individuals seeking aid or assistance
- Conferences or seminars that don’t fit our guiding principals above
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Beauty/achievement pageants or contestants
- Scholarship programs, outside of the Company’s own
- Pledges and payments for walks and telethons
- Sports teams and athletic organizations
If you would like High West Distillery & Saloon to consider a donation request and you are not excluded by the above guidelines, please use the link below to submit a Donation Request Form AND a formal letter on your organization’s letterhead stating the specific purpose for the donation. Your request must be submitted at least six weeks prior to the event date in order for us to respond. Due to the overwhelming volume of requests that we receive, we regret that we are unable to fulfill all of them. We request electronic format only, please refrain from phoning.
High West Distillery & Saloon