Retail Sales Associate
LOCATION: Park City, Utah & Wanship, Utah
SUMMARY: High West Distillery & Saloon is seeking a committed, service-oriented individual who is passionate about educating our customers about our products. High West Distillery & Saloon is a rapidly growing company with ample opportunities for professional growth and development.
We offer incentives based on meeting and exceeding objectives, health insurance, 401k plan, paid company holidays, PTO and annual product allowance.
- Be a positive team player
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Computer sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Ticket, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
- Place special orders or call other stores to find desired items.
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise.
- Clean shelves, counters, and tables.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Bag or package purchases, and wrap gifts.
- Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Prepare merchandise for purchase or rentals.
- Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters; suggesting items.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases; processing cash, and store or other credit cards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- One to two years ‘experience in retail sales environment
- Cash management skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Effective communication skills
- Commitment to deliver an outstanding customer experience
- Candidate must be 21 years of age or older
- General knowledge of craft distilling and spirits
Qualified applicants should send their resume to email@example.com. A cover letter is not required; please include a brief paragraph of your interest in this position in the body of your email.